What is TIR? (Traumatic Incident Reduction)
- Rapid method of effectively reducing trauma
- It involves re-experiencing past traumas in a completely safe environment, free of distractions, judgments, or interpretations.
- When something happens that is physically or emotionally painful, one has the option of either confronting it fully and feeling the pain, or trying in some way to block one’s awareness of it.
- Unexamined, unresolved past events tie up our energy and intention.
- Traumatic Incident Reduction provides a safe space and the means to fully examine that which had been blocked.
- A past incident loses its ability to hurt us at the point where we have looked it through and through.
- In the process, we release our resistance and the painful emotion and negative thought patterns contained in that past trauma.