If you or someone you love is struggling with anxiety, you're not alone. Anxiety is the most common mental illness in the United States, affecting approximately 40 million Americans over the age of 18. Still, according to the Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA), only one-third of those affected by this disorder actually get the help they so badly need.
If you're tired of letting your excessive worrying and fear steal your days and nights, anxiety treatment may be in the cards for you and I can help.
You may have heard that anxiety is a normal response to life stressors. To some extent that is true. We feel it when we go to an important job interview, get married, prepare for a big speech or presentation. You may even feel it when you're running late. A small amount of anxiety can be beneficial to your ability to adapt and grow in certain situation.
That said, it's when anxiety interferes with your regular life that it can feel like too much. What does that look like? There are many ways excessive or troublesome anxiety shows up.
Common issues that bring clients into anxiety treatment with me include:
- Obsessively thinking about something and feeling like you can't stop your mind from focusing on that one issue
- Chronic worrying that something bad, difficult, frustrating or problematic will happen
- Restlessness and an inability to relax or settle down (either your body or mind)
- Can't sleep; chronic fatigue and being tired but unable to settle your mind to rest
- Unwanted thoughts, thoughts that you can't seem to escape from no matter how hard you try
- Physically you may feel sick to your stomach or nauseous. You may experience headaches, a racing heartbeat or trembling.
- Some or all of these sensations that you can't figure out how to get rid if are all signs that your anxiety is tipping over the edge into an unhealthy place.
My approach to anxiety treatment is a holistic one meant to treat not only the symptoms of anxiety, but also the mind, body, and spirit of the affected person. In therapy with me, I will help you develop coping skills to manage panic and fear, challenge thought patterns associated with excessive worrying and take back the hours you lose in a day due to crippling doubt and worry.
Some of the formal names given to anxiety challenges that you may have heard are:
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Panic Disorder
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Specific Phobias
- Social Anxiety Disorder
Very often, people who need anxiety treatment also have other ongoing challenges, depression being a big one. In fact, statistics show that nearly half of all individuals diagnosed with anxiety warrant a dual diagnosis for depression as well.
Based on data from ADAA, the United States spends approximately $42 billion per year on treatment and associated costs for these debilitating disorders. Many people with anxiety rack up medical bills because they are continuously seeking treatment for a physical condition. If you believe you may be suffering from anxiety, don't exacerbate your challenges by ignoring what's going on.
I can help. Together we can evaluate what's going on and if ongoing therapy is the right solution, I'll help you work out how to make that possible. If you're in Jupiter Florida and looking to resolve this issue (which millions life with and thrive every day) please reach out. I would love to explore working together.
To begin the healing process, I can be reached for a free 30-minute consultation at (201) 621-2160 or email me at email@example.com.